Publications by Key Term: The Matrimonial Property Act

A New Partition and Sale Act: Proposals Jun 2001

The law regarding the partition of land is governed by English legislation rather than Saskatchewan statute, with a few exceptions. The existing Farming and Communities Land Act and the Matrimonial Property Act contain out-dated and obscure reasoning, and clarification on the partition and sale of land is recommended. The Commission recommends that a Partition and Sale Act be adopted in Saskatchewan.